Connecting Policy to Practice: 'Housing with Care' - cpp Seminars Scotland
cpp Seminars Scotland
Connecting Policy to Practice
'Housing with Care'
The Implications of Health & Social Care Integration
½ day seminar Friday 24th April 2015
9.30am – 12.45pm
Brodies, Atholl Crescent, Edinburgh
Seminars partner BRODIES LLP
This ½ day seminar will focus on the important role for housing provider's in helping to deliver the health & social care integration strategy and examine ways that housing providers can engage with the Health & Social Care Joint Boards.-:
• Seminar Chair: Brian Cavanagh, Cavanagh Consulting
• John Walker, Executive Director Housing & Community Care, Perth & Kinross Councill
• Rebecca Wilson, Chief Executive, Barony Housing Association
• Eileen Shand, Director Housing & Care Services, Eildon HA
Health & Social Care Joint Boards are about to be introduced in Scotland tasked with managing the delivery of the Scottish Government's Integration strategy.
Housing providers in all sectors have been developing new and innovative 'Housing with Care' strategies over several years to improve community care services across Scotland in line with the“Reshaping Care for Older People” strategy.
The Scottish Government have stated that initial and ongoing 'stakeholder engagement' should be at the forefront of the development of health & social care integration but how is this going to be delivered and how will housing and care providers engage with the new boards?
• John Walker, Executive Director of Housing & Community Care, Perth & Kinross Council will introduce the seminar by outlining the work being undertaken in Perth & Kinross to develop a more inclusive approach to the design and delivery of health and social care based on strong partnerships with stakeholders.
• Eileen Shand, Director Housing & Care Services, Eildon HA will outline the implications of health & social care integration for RSL's on housing both from a landlord and social care provider perspective.
• Rebecca Wilson, Chief Executive of Barony Housing Association will speak on raising the profile of, and securing funding for, preventative housing support services which enable people to stay in the community.
cpp Seminars Scotland is an independent social enterprise committed to delivering value-for-money events Connecting Policy to Practice.
cpp Seminars Scotland is offering Reform Scotland subscribers a 10% discount on its forthcoming conference, Housing with Care. For more information, or to book a place, please use the contact information above.
Scottish Parliament Reception for Latvian EU Presidency
The Centre for Scottish Public Policy's Chair Professor Richard Kerley will be attending a Scottish Parliamentary reception to mark the Latvian Presidency of the Council of the European Union.
The reception will be held in the on Wednesday 11th March 2015.
Job Vacancy: CSPP is recruiting a Membership & Communications Intern
The Centre for Scottish Public Policy is recruiting a Membership & Communications Intern.
Details, including a full job description and terms, can be found on the Adopt an Intern website.
Work will include:
Membership Management and Development
• Routine communications with renewing members and new members. Ensuring members details processed and kept up to date in systems.
• Development and fulfilment of a marketing campaign to encourage new members.
• Following up all general enquiries, and researching leads through social media activity, newspapers, other media and networking events.
• Developing and improving the membership benefits offering.
• Conducting annual satisfaction survey.
• Updating website.
• Proactive and Reactive social media communications.
• Basic analysis of web and social media activity to assess where/how CSPP is making connections.
• Write & publish news bulletins and press announcements.
• Update contact management system.
• Attendance at events, which can involve late evening meetings, overnight stays and breakfast starts. (Additionally compensated for as required)
The closing date for applications is 25 February 2015, 5pm.
Please submit a CV and brief covering letter through the Adopt an Intern online application form on our website. All applications must be submitted by 5pm on the closing date. State a. your availability and b. relevant information on your skills/experience pertaining to the job spec. We do NOT accept e-mail applications unless otherwise stated.
Page 5 of 54