The Centre for Scottish Public Policy and Scotland’s Towns Partnership warmly invite you to take part in our joint meeting to discuss ‘Planning for a Fairer Scotland’. Following from our successful forum on the contribution of towns to the fairness agenda, we would like to bring together all interested stakeholders to discuss how planning can be aligned with and contribute to a fairer Scotland.
Chaired by Professor Richard Kerley, CSPP Chair, we are delighted to be joined by Craig McLaren, Director, RTPI Scotland and Ireland and Petra Biberbach, Director, Planning Aid Scotland. The meeting will be a valuable opportunity for information exchange and mutual learning on the links between planning and social justice issues relevant to us all.
Details and Booking
Thursday, 26th November (9.30 am – 11.30 am), Falkirk Business Hub
Attendance free – please reserve your place with Elaine Bone: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel/Text 07801 354591.
The meeting will encourage a candid and inclusive discussion around key areas, including:
- The perception of what community planning can and can’t do.
- Links with health.
- Roles within the planning context and how this works.
Chaired by Professor Richard Kerley, CSPP Chair, we are delighted to be joined by Craig McLaren, Director, RTPI Scotland and Ireland and Petra Biberbach, Director, Planning Aid Scotland. Craig and Petra will briefly contextualise the discussion, before opening up for debate.
Supported by the Voluntary Action Fund, the meeting will contribute to three areas of work:
- The national Fairer Scotland consultation (submission deadline, 27 November).
- A major piece of work being carried out by CSPP for Scotland’s Towns Partnership, to establish how towns can contribute more effectively towards the development of a fairer Scotland. (For completion early 2016).
- Submission of evidence to the Scottish Government Review of the Scottish Planning System http://www.gov.scot/Topics/Built-Environment/planning/Review-of-Planning (Submission deadline, 1 December).
We hope you are able to join us to input into these key areas of work. Please confirm your attendance contacting Elaine Bone: email@example.com Tel/Text 07801 354591